Wednesday, October 29, 2008

21Things - Week 6

I've worked with students who have had their own accounts in EBSCO - mainly for saving articles they have found - but I've not had my own account. I do now! In addition to comments that others have made, I like the fact that you can "turn off" the "Image Quick View" feature. For most of the searches I do, seeing little thumbnails of the first few images in the article is just not that helpful. I find I just ignore them, so it's nice to be able to turn them off so that they don't "clutter" the results screen.

I hadn't looked at the visual image search in EBSCO since they came out with the new interface this past summer. It is quite different than it used to be. I think the older version was actually more "visual" than this new interface. In the old version, I think it was much more obvious where content of articles "overlapped." I'm not really sure this new version would really satisfy a true "visual learner" all that much.

No comments: