Since I've been asked to give a presentation in December on student assistants in the academic library (for the Metropolitan Library System), I've been watching the literature even more closely than I usually do. I didn't expect Academic Search Premier to have much on this topic, but actually found some interesting articles. So, I've now set up my search to target any new materials that become available prior to December. I've set up the RSS feed directly into Google Reader, since I'm now in the habit of checking new postings each day.
I'm not sure how useful most undergrad students would find this feature for their everyday class work. I think it is most applicable for those who are doing longer term research. So, perhaps those doing College Scholars research, working on Richter projects, Masters degree research, etc. would find this most useful. And, of course, I think our faculty would certainly find this helpful in monitoring their particular areas of interest and study, although they are probably using similar features in more specialized sources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment