I did an instruction session with the HST 111 class today, and I wanted to make you aware of the resources that they may need in order to complete their "annotation assignment." Dr. Keating has given them links to three online primary source documents, and they are to select a piece of that document and complete an annotation on it. The annotation will consist of checking a fact (historical figure, date, place, action, event, etc.) and writing about it specifically and then in the general context of the history they are studying. What they might be looking for your help with is finding a reference resource that helps them verify the fact that they have selected from the document. I have put together a LibGuide listing all of the resources I talked about in the session this morning. It is a tab on the History subject guide, and it's labeled "HST 111." As I pointed out to them, I'm sure that there are other sources in our collection that might help them as well, but these are some good starting places. One of the main considerations is selecting a reliable/authoritative source (not Wikipedia!). Please let me know if you have questions/suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment